the first 10 questions
This is a list of possible questions we will ask whenever you are ready to speak with us. You don't have to have an answer to all of these: a major part of our engagement with you will be to arrive at some of the more difficult answers. But we hope this list will prove to be a useful agenda for our first meeting.
- Who are you and what does your organization do?
- What audience do you want to reach? e.g. the public? your own staff? your members?
- What do you want to show your audience? e.g. news, blogs, forums, data?
- Is there more than one type of audience? And do you want different content for each type? e.g. is there different content for members versus the public?
- How often do you think your audience will visit? e.g. daily to read news? monthly to update timesheets?
- How often will you want to change what your audience gets to read? e.g. daily news? monthly reports? annual statistics?
- What look-and-feel do you have in mind? e.g. do you have other sites that you like in mind?
- What activities do you want your audience to be able to partake in? e.g. can they comment? participate? create?
- What other websites or computer systems do you currently use (online or offline)? e.g. where do you store your documents? what email services do you need? how to you share information?
- What is your favourite colour? e.g. blue? green? the other one?
- And why-o-why are there four "i"s, four "s"s but only 2 "p"s in "Mississippi"?
Ready to go? Then please get in touch! We're looking forward to hearing from you.