formulize downloads and docs
Formulize 4.06 is the latest version, under active development. (Documentation still says 4.02 on it, since there's been no change to docs since that version.)
Formulize 4.06, standalone version.
Download the standalone version if you just want to install Formulize and get going. Unzip the files and put them in a folder on your website, and then browse to that folder in your web browser.
Formulize 4.06, module version.
Download this if you want to install Formulize in your ImpressCMS or XOOPS website, or you want to upgrade an older Standalone version of Formulize to the latest copy.
Drupal 6 modules for integration with Formulize (beta).
Download these if you want to plug your Formulize standalone installation into your Drupal 6 website. (A Drupal 7 version is in development...)
- Integration modules for WordPress and Joomla are near completion! Watch this space for updates.
Formulize 3 is still available for users of older versions of ImpressCMS and XOOPS. Also, the iMenu module from that release cycle is still very useful and worth checking out if you need to create a custom menu in your system.
How do I get started?
- Watch the tutorial videos. They walk you through creating a basic application from start to finish, with tons of detail along the way. You can pick which subjects you want info about, or watch them all for hours of fun. ;-)
- Read the Getting Started Guide — it has lots of info about creating forms, setting up access to the forms, and especially troubleshooting tips.
- There's a lot of documentation including tips on how to design a Formulize application and developer documentation that takes you Inside Formulize.
If you are not using the standalone version of Formulize 4, then you will need to download and install either:
The "module" version of Formulize 4 (and Formulize 3), gets installed as a module in either of those platforms. The Formulize 4 standalone version sets up everything you need to run Formulize in one shot, so you don't need to deal with this extra complication.
- Detailed Formulize Getting Started Guide (updated August 28, 2012)
- How to Design a Formulize Application -- an overview of what to think about when planning your Formulize project, and how to translate those ideas into Formulize configuration options. (updated July 12, 2009)
- Inside Formulize: a Developer's Guide -- a high level, behind the scenes look at the flow through the code as a page is being built, comprehensive documentation of some of the important classes and data structures, and details on how to create your own custom form elements! (updated August 28, 2012)
- Using Formulize and Pageworks to make custom applications -- contains a full API reference, useful if you're going to be hacking away with Formulize and PHP, and/or with the older Pageworks module. (updated August 28, 2012)
- Formulize readme (updated June 3, 2012 — applicable to 4.06 as well)
- Formulize Standalone readme (updated June 3, 2012 — applicable to 4.06 as well)
- Detailed Registration Codes readme (updated July 2, 2009)
- Detailed iMenu readme (updated July 2, 2009)
- Pageworks readme, not so detailed (updated July 2, 2009)
- An old white paper on what Formulize is for -- not up to date but a useful background piece. (updated July 2005)
Sourceforge Subversion (SVN)
Download the latest SVN version.
To install the SVN version of Formulize (the development trunk), follow the steps in the 4.02 readme.
(To install the Standalone Core from SVN, you will need to get both the core files and the Formulize/trunk module files, then copy the module files into the modules/formulize folder of the Standalone Core before installation. There's more info in the forums.)
- Browse the SVN repository
- Read the latest change logs for Formulize
- Subscribe to the 'formulize-commits' mailing list for up to the minute notification of changes
- Repository address for checking out with an SVN client: https://svn.code.sf.net/p/formulize/code/
Formulize 3.12 and Related Files
Formulize 3 is out of date now. But it is still available here for users of older versions of XOOPS or ImpressCMS.
There are also a few other modules for XOOPS and ImpressCMS that we have released over the years and they were last updated during the Formulize 3 release cycle, so they are available here.